Scheduled Activities & Training
NOTE: There may be training class or other schedule changes; make reservations and confirm dates before attending. Some activities may not be included on this schedule.
Last Update: 13 September 2022
(Changes in Bold)
September 2022 Activities:
09/07 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting.
09/10 – Monthly Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
09/10 Thru 12 ARRL VHF Contest.
- 09/14 – LCARA Presentation Night.
- 09/17 – 3rd Saturday, HF/VHF/UHF Operation & Training at LCARA.
- 09/17 & 18 – Salmon Run Contest – Washington State QSO Party.
- 09/21 – LCARA Business Meeting.
- 09/24 Thru 25 CQ Worldwide RTTY Contest.
- 09/28 – LCARA Technical Committee Meeting.
October 2022 Activities:
- 10/05 – Quarterly Equipment Maintenance Checks.
- 10/05 – Cowlitz County ACS Annual Meeting.
- 10/10 – Monthly Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
- 10/12 – LCARA Presentation Night.
- 10/14 Thru 16 – Jamboree on the Air (JOTA).
- 10/15 – Kelso & Longview Fire Station Open Houses.
- 10/15 – 3rd Saturday, HF/VHF/UHF Operation & Training at LCARA.
- 10/19 – LCARA Business Meeting.
- 10/26 – LCARA Technical Committee Meeting.
- 10/29 Thru 30 CQ Worldwide Contest (SSB).
- 10/29 – 5th Saturday Communication Exercise.
November 2022 Activities:
- 11/02 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting.
- 11/05 – Region IV Interop Meeting.
- 11/08 – LEPC Meeting. (Local Emergency Planning Committee).
- 11/09 – LCARA Presentation Night.
- 11/10 – Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
- 11/12 – VE Test Session.
- 11/12 – UAS Quarterly Meeting.
- 11/16 – LCARA Business Meeting.
- 11/19 – 3rd Saturday, HF/VHF/UHF Operation & Training at LCARA.
- 11/23 – LCARA Technical Committee Meeting.
- 11/26 Thru 17 – CQ Worldwide Contest (CW).
- 11/30 – LCARA Potluck/Social Meeting.
December 2022 Activities:
- 12/03 – Walk-N-Knock Food Drive.
- 12/07 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting.
- 12/10 – Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
- 12/10 – LCARA Christmas Dinner.
- 12/14 – Presentation Night or LCARA Business Meeting. (If needed).
- 12/17 – 3rd Saturday, HF/VHF/UHF Operation & Training at LCARA.
- 12/28 – 5th Wednesday LCARA Potluck.
Currently all volunteers must have completed two FEMA Independent Study courses before they can be issued a Washington State Emergency Worker card by Cowlitz County DEM. The required courses, along with many others related to emergency management, can be taken online through the FEMA Independent Study website at:
Independent Study Program (ISP)
The two courses are:
In addition, supervisors and leaders must have:
Amateur radio volunteers must also take a series of short classes sponsored by the County, and coordinated through the Cowlitz County SAR Council. Schedules for these classes will be posted when available. You MUST register for classes to ensure you are advised of any changes to the schedule. Classes without any preregistrations will be cancelled, so don't just show up without notice. These classes are:
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Defensive Driving
- County Procedures and Standards
- Radio Procedures
- Crime Scene Preservation
These relevant on-line courses are available free through Washington State Department of Labor and Industries:
ACS Monthly Meeting
The ACS group meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 7pm to 8pm. Unless weather prevents it, all ACS meetings will be at the LCARA clubhouse.
Regularly Scheduled Nets
Cowlitz County ACS conducts a regular Monday evening net at 2000L on the LCARA 2 meter repeater, W7DG. The frequency is 147.26, + offset, 114.8 PL tone. ACS announcements as well as LCARA and general interest announcements are made on this net. Check-ins from non-members are welcome. In the event of an emergency this net would be activated for check-in and further information.
Washington State ARES® conducts the Washington State Emergency Net every Monday at 1830L on 3985 kHz (alt. 7245 kHz) except during the winter months when it begins at 1730L. There is a Saturday morning edition every Saturday at 0900L on 3985 kHz (alt. 7245 kHz). This HF SSB net accepts checkins statewide. Net control duties are rotated around the state.
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Columbia Heights)
- 147.26, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Woodland)
- 147.30, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- N7DEM-10 - ACS Winlink 2000 RMS Packet Station
- W7AIA - Clark County ARC (Vancouver)
- 147.24, + offset, pl tone: none
- N7PRJ - Baw Faw Repeater Group
- 147.06, + offset, pl tone: 110.9
- N7DEM Repeater
- 224.660, - offset, pl tone: 114.8
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Columbia Heights)
- 444.900, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- AB7F Linked Repeater System- (Longview)
- 440.375, + offset, pl tone: 123.0