Scheduled Activities & Training
NOTE: There may be training class or other schedule changes; make reservations and confirm dates with NU7D Randy before attending. Some activities may not be included on this schedule.
Last Update: 25 May 2020
(Changes in Bold)
All scheduled meetings at LCARA and its activities through May 31 have been Cancelled.
May 2020 Activities:
05/02 – Region IV Interop Meeting. [Uncertain if meeting is going to take place.]
05/04 - Following the ACS Monday Night Net that starts at 2000 (8pm) on the 147.26 repeater there will be a Virtual LCARA/ACS Meeting.
05/06 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting. Cancelled
05/09 – VE Test Session. Cancelled
05/09 – UAS Quarterly Meeting. Cancelled
05/10 – Comm-Van Checks by the 10th. Cancelled
05/12 – LEPC Meeting. (Local Emergency Planning Committee) using Go-To-Meeting.
05/13 – LCARA Presentation Night. Cancelled
05/18 - Following the ACS Monday Night Net that starts at 2000 (8pm) on the 147.26 repeater there will be a Virtual LCARA/ACS Meeting.
05/20 – LCARA Business Meeting. Cancelled
05/27 – LCARA HF Night. Cancelled
05/30 – 5th Saturday Communication Exercise. Cancelled
June 2020 Activities:
- 06/01 - Following the ACS Monday Night Net that starts at 2000 (8pm) on the 147.26 repeater there will be a Virtual LCARA/ACS Meeting.
- 06/02 – River Gauge Checks.
- 06/03 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting.
06/05, 06 & 07 – SEA-PAC Ham Convention in Seaside, OR. http://seapac.org/index.html
- 06/10 – Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
- 06/10 – LCARA Presentation Night.
- 06/13 – ELT Practice.
06/13 – Tour-de-Blast 2020. https://tourdeblast.com/ Postponed
- 06/17 – LCARA Business Meeting.
- 06/24 – LCARA HF Night.
- 06/26, 27 & 28 Amateur Radio Field Day.
July 2020 Activities:
- 07/01 – Equipment Maintenance.
- 07/01 – Cowlitz County ACS Meeting.
- 07/08 – LCARA Presentation Night.
- 07/10 – Comm-Van Checks by the 10th.
- 07/15 – LCARA Business Meeting.
- 07/22 – LCARA HF Night.
- 07/29 – LCARA 5th Wednesday Potluck.
Currently all volunteers must have completed two FEMA Independent Study courses before they can be issued a Washington State Emergency Worker card by Cowlitz County DEM. The required courses, along with many others related to emergency management, can be taken online through the FEMA Independent Study website at:
Independent Study Program (ISP)
The two courses are:
In addition, supervisors and leaders must have:
Amateur radio volunteers must also take a series of short classes sponsored by the County, and coordinated through the Cowlitz County SAR Council. Schedules for these classes will be posted when available. You MUST register for classes with Randy, NU7D, to ensure you are advised of any changes to the schedule. Classes without any preregistrations will be cancelled, so don't just show up without notice. These classes are:
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Defensive Driving
- County Procedures and Standards
- Radio Procedures
- Crime Scene Preservation
ACS Monthly Meeting
The ACS group meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 7pm to 8pm. Unless weather prevents it, all ACS meetings will be at the LCARA clubhouse.
Regularly Scheduled Nets
Cowlitz County ACS conducts a regular Monday evening net at 2000L on the LCARA 2 meter repeater, W7DG. The frequency is 147.26, + offset, 114.8 PL tone. ACS announcements as well as LCARA and general interest announcements are made on this net. Check-ins from non-members are welcome. In the event of an emergency this net would be activated for check-in and further information.
Washington State ARES® conducts the Washington State Emergency Net every Monday at 1830L on 3985 kHz (alt. 7245 kHz) except during the winter months when it begins at 1730L. There is a Saturday morning edition every Saturday at 0900L on 3985 kHz (alt. 7245 kHz). This HF SSB net accepts checkins statewide. Net control duties are rotated around the state.
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Columbia Heights)
- 147.26, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Woodland)
- 147.30, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- N7DEM-10 - ACS Winlink 2000 RMS Packet Station
- W7AIA - Clark County ARC (Vancouver)
- 147.24, + offset, pl tone: none
- N7PRJ - Baw Faw Repeater Group
- 147.06, + offset, pl tone: 110.9
- NU7D Repeater
- 224.660, - offset, pl tone: 114.8
- W7DG - LCARA Repeater (Columbia Heights)
- 444.900, + offset, pl tone: 114.8
- AB7F Linked Repeater System- (Longview)
- 440.375, + offset, pl tone: 123.0